Again? Really? Are you sure? I don’t know why I’m still surprised that anyone is paying attention. I see the amazing comments people are leaving on my posts, the generous pingbacks, the likes. But sometimes when I’m writing a new post I get this feeling that it’s nothing new, that somewhere, someone else has had the exact same revelation, that they’ve probably already expressed it in a much better way than I ever could. That this person is wise and successful and has probably already written 20 books compared to my 1.8.
But maybe that’s the point. Maybe that’s why you notice. Because the things I’m sharing, the things I’m writing about are nothing new but it’s that synchronicity, that connectivity that can make something so universal feel special again. Because it is. And maybe that’s why it’s universal. We writers are all sharing in this struggle to create something beautiful, something worthwhile and I just hope that my blog can continue to be a place of honest reflection and constant encouragement. So thank you to Tracy for nominating me for this award and thank you to everyone who has stopped by my blog and actually taken the time to read these words. It means the world to know I’m not alone in this and I hope it’s a relief to know that you aren’t either.
Rules for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by pingback.
Seven Things About Laekan Zea Kemp
1. I don’t like coffee or alcohol. I know, I know. A writer who doesn’t like coffee or booze? Hey, at least I’m not a cliché.
2. I do most of my writing while I’m at work–in emails, on post-it notes, and on my phone.
3. I’m a freak for The History Channel.
4. I can quote every line from the movie Zoolander.
5. I was Lakitu for Halloween.
6. I had braces for 5 years. Yes, tragic.
7. My favorite color is green.
(These are all blogs I follow personally–mostly writers since being a writer is hard and doing things that are hard is, by definition, inspirational.)
My Nominees for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Michelle Muckley
2. Lauryn April
5. Rachel Kolman
6. Kelli Killion
7. Ruth Layne
8. Julie Israel
9. Kat Anthony
10. J.A. Ward
12. Carlyn Ross
13. Megh Fitz
14. Michelle Mason
15. Linda Taylor
Need a little inspiration today? Click HERE and prepare to be pep-talked!