Are you sure?
Well, this is awkward. Seems I’ve been nominated for an award and all this time I didn’t even know anyone was actually paying attention. But it’s incredibly exciting nonetheless! First of all thank you to Lauryn over at Lauryn April Books for the nomination!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Random Facts About Me…Oh gosh let’s make this quick.
I love Oreos, as in they’re my equivalent of crack.
I love ice cream, as in it’s my equivalent of heroine.
And Oreo ice cream, yeah forget it.
I have crazy curly hair.
I can’t do a cartwheel.
But I can make this awesome horse trotting sound with my tongue.
I was born on the first official day of summer.
I have a scar on my ankle that I tell people is from a snakebite (it was sugar ants).
I have a Chihuahua named Shatzi.
I’m a Cancer.
I love the beach but I’m deathly afraid of sharks.
Questions from my Nominator:
1. What got you into blogging?
After I decided to self-publish my first book I decided that I needed an online presence—despite my previous avoidance of Facebook, Twitter, and the like—and my blog was born.
2. Favorite TV show and why?
Buffy. Definitely. She’s my hero. What else is there to say?
3. When writing books are there any reoccurring themes in your work, or if you’re not an author are there any reoccurring themes in the books you like to review?
All books are about discovery but the issue of identity is something I’m always conscious of when fleshing out a character. I like to challenge them and watch them change. I love writing about those moments when they’re face to face with themselves, the truth of who they are sinking in for the first time. It’s exciting and enlightening, which is why I love writing character driven stories as opposed to plot-driven ones.
4. What were you like as a teenager?
A mess. Driven. Hilarious. Oh and a smart ass.
5. Paperbacks or e-books and why?
Don’t get my wrong. I’m totally one of those people who dream about having a huge library one day, paperbacks spilling from four walls of dimly lit shelves. But I’m obsessed with the fact that my e-reader allows me to devour more books than I ever thought humanly possible. It’s an addiction, and unfortunately print just can’t keep up.
6. Do you have a funny vacation story?
Last year I was on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale, waist deep in the Atlantic Ocean, while some idiot was fishing right next to me. Yeah, not smart. Suddenly this huge school of fish swam between me and my boyfriend, their wide shadow cutting just below the surface. While distracted by this amazing phenomenon, we almost didn’t notice the shark swimming after them. I froze and by the time someone yelled shark, I realized I was the only one left in the water. Which meant no one was around to notice me piss my pants. Luckily.
7. Have you ever been out of the country and where did you go?
Not yet but I‘ve been planning this imaginary trip to Italy since I was twelve.
8. Book you’re most looking forward to reading this year?
Haven’t gotten to A Fault in Our Stars yet. I know, I know. But even though I’m a little late I really can’t wait to start reading it.
9. Biggest turn off in a book?
Characters that don’t look, feel, sound, smell, or act real; that aren’t attainable or relatable and are just bland.
10. What are you doing when you’re not reading or writing?
Working at my grown-up job, which has absolutely nothing to do with my English degree.
11. Favorite holiday and why?
I love every holiday, especially federally observed holidays because it means I don’t have to go to work. But growing up it was always a tie between the 4th of July and Halloween.
Questions for Nominees:
- If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
- What’s your favorite non-profit organization?
- Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
- Would you rather have a telescope or a spaceship?
- If you could spend the day with one celebrity who would it be?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- If you could be one age forever, what age would you be?
- What’s the best movie adaptation of a book you’ve ever seen?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- What’s your favorite ice cream?
I wasn’t sure who I would nominate for this award but I thought in addition to some of the blogs I follow personally, I’d show some love for the bloggers who’ve taken the time to review my new book and help spread the word. Even if you have more than 200 followers, or aren’t exactly sure who the heck I am or why I’m nominating you for this award, feel free to participate anyway. It means you’re doing something pretty cool!